The SAA Artists of the Year 2022 competition will soon be closing. So you need to hurry if you’d like to enter the art competition. It is open to all Artists, including non-members of the SAA. It’s open to all ages and it is free to enter.
Deadline for Entries : 31 May 2022
The SAA now stands for ‘Supporting All Artists’ and is the UK’s leading hub of online art tuition and art materials. They hold regular competitions for their members and their mission has always been to inform, encourage and inspire all artists.
Winning finalists of the SAA Artists of the Year 2022 Competition will be exhibited from 30 September 2022 to 5 October 2022, at the Nottingham Society of Artists Gallery, Nottingham.
Rules of Entry
- You must submit your entry online community.saa.co.uk
- Entry is free.
- You can enter as many images as you like.
- Only original art is accepted. Textile art, sculptures and other 3D artworks are not accepted into this competition.
- All artwork must be recent, unpublished work of the artist. In other words no earlier than 2020.
- You will need to submit the size of your artwork, framed.
Choosing a Status
To enter the SAA Artists of the Year 2022, artists must determine which status they are, from Professional, Amateur, Beginner, Young and Junior :-
Professional – artist who earns more than 50% of their income from their artwork. This may include selling at exhibition, taking art commissions or teaching art.
Amateur – hobby artist who doesn’t fit into the other statuses.
Beginner – someone who had been painting for less than 2 years, at time of entry.
Young – Aged 17-25 years at time of entry.
Junior – Aged up to 16 years, at time of entry.
See ‘Should you Enter Art Competitions’ for information on the pros and cons of art competitions.
- All submitted works will be judged on the image file you upload. Therefore it’s important to upload a good quality file, that is a true representation of your original work.
- Digital image files are acceptable in .jpeg, .jpg, .gif and .png formats. Ideally file sizes should be less than 1MB.
- You must upload one single image per submission.
Create giclée prints of your art
At The Artists Print Room we specialise in creating giclée prints of your art. You can choose to provide your own digital image file or use our professional artwork photographing services, to produce high quality fine art giclée prints of your art. We are a bespoke fine art printers, using our expertise and knowledge, to adapt to your creative needs. We can also print, package and ship your giclée prints direct to your customer, saving you time, hassle and extra costs. So please feel free to Get in touch and see how we can help.
Choosing a Category
When you submit online, you need to decide which category your artwork relates to:-
- Abstract or Experimental
- Animal or Wildlife
- Flowers or Gardens
- Landscape or Seascape
- Portrait or Figure
- Still Life
You can learn more about the SAA Artists of the Year 2022 Competition here
Selection Procedure of SAA Artists of the Year 2022
- All entries must be submitted by 31 May 2022.
- They will notify you of how you have fared by 4 July 2022.
- The People’s Choice vote will then begin and will run until 31 July 2022.
- Winning finalists will receive notification by 1 August 2022.
- Winning entries must be sent in to the SAA by 26 August 2022 for photographing and exhibiting.
- Requested paintings must be ready to hang when sent to the SAA, preferably with wire or cord.
- Paintings sent into the SAA are at the cost of the artist. However the SAA states, paintings will be returned at the cost of the SAA.
- Winning artists can choose whether their painting is for sale at the exhibition. If your painting is for sale you need to allow 25% plus VAT for SAA commission.
See ‘Pricing your Artwork’ for information on what you need to consider.
Terms and Conditions
In their terms the SAA state:
SAA may use your entry image for the purposes of advertising this and future AOY competitions, but not to recreate prints of your work.
SAA reserves the right to disqualify any work which is found to not be the genuine work of the submitting artist, at any point in the competition.
You can read the full SAA competition terms and conditions here
See our ‘Best Tips for Entering Art Competitions’ for practical advice.
The SAA has yet to announce what the prizes are. There are usually prizes, supported by the major art suppliers. They have said the winning finalists besides being in the exhibition, will be displayed on the SAA Website and printed in Paint magazine, as well as any other relevant SAA publications.
Finally please feel free to Get in touch if you’d like to turn your art into giclée prints.
Did you know that we are the only fine art printing company in the UK which has been accredited by Canson Infinity, Hahnemühle Fine Art, Epson Digigraphie, ILFORD and a member of the Fine Art Trade Guild? Also, why not sign up to our mailing list to keep up to date with news, products and future competitions at The Artists Print Room – just complete the form below.