The Society of Wildlife Artists will soon be accepting submissions for their 2019 exhibition; The Natural Eye. Pre-selection will be open from 12pm 29th April 2019 through to 26th July 2019. The Selection Committee (which is formed from artist members of The Society of Wildlife Artists) announce their selection choices on the 2nd August 2019. Following on from this, the exhibition runs from the 24th October 2019.
This year the annual exhibition requests works that depict wildlife subjects with originality, creativity and high levels of technicality. Subjects can include any non-domestic animals, including, birds, mammals, reptiles, amphibians, fish, crustaceans and insects. Both two and three dimensional pieces are accepted. Pre-submission is through an online portal on The Mall Galleries website.
Artists, 18+ can submit up to six pieces of work each which must have been completed within the last three years. Entry is £18 per submitted works or £12 each for those aged 35 and under.
Awards & Prizes
Works which have been selected will be in with the opportunity of winning one of the following prizes or awards;
- The Terravesta Prize: £2,000 for the best work exhibited.
- Birdwatch Artist of the Year Award: £1,000 plus Swarovski equipment.
- RSPB Award: £500.
- Birdscapes Gallery ‘Conservation through Art’ Award: £700 split between the artist and a conservation charity of their choice.
- Mascot Media ‘Nature in Print’ Award: For the most original, unusual or effective interpretation of the natural world using traditional printmaking techniques. The winning artist will receive £200 and their choice of 10 current Mascot Media books.
- Dry Red Press Award: The winning work reproduced as a greetings card.
Why not sign up to our mailing list to keep up to date with news and products at The Artist’s Print Room – just complete the form below.